The ACT TAY program is designed specifically to meet the behavioral health needs of Transitional Age Youth. This age group (ages 16-24) is typically experiencing a period of time when their personal development and life decisions are at the forefront. As emerging adults, they are faced with employment and education decisions, as well potentially living on their own and having to direct their own financial and healthcare needs. We understand that behavioral health issues can make this transition even harder to navigate.
Burrells ACT-TAY team is comprised of a group of trained specialists committed to assisting this unique group of young people, providing them support in every aspect of their lives so that they can be successful adults.
None of us are capable of our best work when were preoccupied with personal distress. Our focus is to reduce areas of strain, and assist young adults with gaining their individual effectiveness. We work with our clients to design a plan of action thats right for them. This can include assistance in a variety of areas, including:
- Individual counseling, rehabilitation and other supportive behavioral health services provided where you need it, and when you need it
- Assistance with prioritizing needs, interests, resiliency and developmental goals
- Support available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year
- Psychiatric services and medication management
- Vocation/education services
- Housing assistance
- Peer support
- Life skills instruction
- Financial management
- Dual diagnosis treatment
- Developing positive self-esteem, sense of identity and positive relationships with family, peers, co-workers, and the broader community
Services are limited to individuals aged 16-24 who reside in Greene or Boone County, Missouri. Participants must be diagnosed with a serious emotional disturbance to qualify for this Missouri Department of Behavioral Health funded program. Participation is voluntary and strictly confidential.
For more information about ACT-TAY services, contact:
323 East Grand
Springfield MO 65807
3315 Berrywood Drive Suite 201
Columbia MO 65201