Can help children who:
- Continually have trouble accepting adult authority
- Are often sad and withdrawn
- Have suffered significant loss, abuse or neglect
- Are aggressive and controlling
- Have profound difficulty relating and communicating
- Maintain an unusually high activity level and can’t focus attention
- Have excessive anxieties and fears
And parents who say:
“I’ve tried everything and nothing seems to work with her!”
“He never sits still! I can’t get him to pay attention long enough to do anything.”
“He doesn’t play like other kids do. It seems like he’s in his own little world.”
“She’s so demanding! I have to be with her every minute or she whines and cries.”
“He’s out of control. I’m afraid he’ll hurt somebody when he starts hitting and throwing things.”
Children’s Day Treatment is designed to meet the mental health and developmental needs of children between the ages of 3 and 5 who are exhibiting problematic behaviors.
- Gain self-awareness and self-esteem
- Improve behavioral control
- Increase social competence
- Learn concepts and skills needed for school success
- Behavior management skills
- Ways to provide increased emotional support for their children
Children’s Day Treatment meets Monday through Thursday from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Children participate in structured play time; group activities; and creative activities such as art, music, drama, and movement. Children also receive instruction on pre-academic concepts and skills.
We offer a weekly parent support group focused on the stages of social and emotional development of young children and parenting techniques. Parents also receive helpful support from others facing similar challenges.
Our specialized programming is designed to increase your child’s self esteem and social competence, foster the development of academic skills, improve your child’s communication with other children and adults, as well as assist you in managing troubling behaviors. Children’s Day Treatment professionally trained staff will work with your child’s therapist to develop behavior management plans and explore ways to improve family relationships. They are also available to provide consultation with your child’s daycare and/or school as needed.
Interested in learning more about Children’s Day Treatment? A 60-minute parent interview with one of our professional staff will determine if your child meets the criteria for this program and will benefit from day treatment services.
We accept most insurance and Medicaid. Other convenient payment options are available.
To schedule a time to discuss your child, call us at 417.761.5000.
|Burrell Childrens Center
1300 E Bradford Parkway
Springfield, Missouri 65804
Mon Thur, 8:00am 8:00pm
Friday, 8:00am 5:00pm