Burrells HIV case management specializes in the care and advocacy of persons living with HIV or AIDS who may also experience mental health or substance abuse treatment needs. Case managers can assist individuals to improve their quality of life by helping them maintain their healthcare and support systems, as well as coordinating resources and advocating for each individuals needs.
Eligibility for Case Management Services
- Verified status of HIV or AIDS
- Missouri residency
- Willingness to participate in regular medical care
- Income is under 300% of federal poverty level
Additional services may be available based on eligibility, present funding, and as payer of last resort.
- Medical care referral
- Mental health care referral
- Transportation assistance
- Medication assistance (limited primarily to HIV medications)
- Dental assistance
- Housing/utility assistance
- Insurance co-pay, insurance continuation assistance
- Home health care referral
The Burrell HIV/AIDS Case management program is provided through a contract with the Missouri Department of Health and Human Services Contract No. 2013-0710. Eligible individuals are provided case management services free of charge.