Last Updated: November 6, 2018
Notice of Privacy Practices
For information on how We collect and use medical and health information protected under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), please review the Notice of Privacy Practices.
How Do We Collect Personal Information?
Many areas of the Site can be visited without submitting any personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). However, there are some areas that require an account to access.
We collect Personal Information from you that you provide to us when you:
- Register on the Site
- Subscribe to a mailing list
- Respond to a survey
- Fill out a form
- Submit or post content
- Engage in other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site that request your information.
The Personal Information that You provide and We collect may include Your:
- Contact information, such as
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Other Personal Information you provide to us
What Information is Automatically Collected?
We collect certain information automatically. This includes:
- Your domain name;
- The browser name and type of computer You are using
- Technical information about Your computer, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers You are using, and other similar information.
This information is not considered personally identifiably unless it is combined with contact information, account information, or other information that is unique to You. We only combine automatically collected data with identifiable data if it is necessary to do so to complete a task you have asked us to perform (for example, to troubleshoot a problem you are having with the Site) or if We tell You (for example, if You fill out a form the tells you it will be matched with automatically collected data).
Disclosure and Protection of Personal Information
It is Burrell Behavioral Health’s intention to obtain Personal Information only by fair and lawful means, and to use the Personal Information to service your needs and requests. Burrell Behavioral Health will not process Personal Information in a manner incompatible with the purposes for which it was originally collected unless later authorized by the individual from whom the information was collection or unless allowed by law. We will not keep Personal Information longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was originally gathered.
When We do collect and process Personal Information about individuals, we will disclose certain information to those particular individuals on a reasonable and timely basis upon written request of the individuals from whom the Personal Information was collected. The disclosed information will include what Personal Information is being collected, who is collecting it, how and for what purposes it is being collected, how it is being used and to whom it is being disclosed.
How Can You Correct Personal Information?
We will allow individuals reasonable access to their Personal Information to verify, correct or delete their data, where inaccurate. You may do so by:
- Logging into your User account and changing your information in your User profile
- You can send an email to us asking that the information be corrected: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We may use Personal Information to:
- To improve user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To improve our Site
- We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to an order. It may also be used to respond to User inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- For the purposes specified at the time of collection
- There may be other purposes that are specified when the information is collected
- As content on the Site, when uploaded by You or with Your permission
- We may permit You to upload pictures or comments to the Site.
- As otherwise required or permitted by law
- There may be times when the law permits or requires Us to use information for other purposes.
Certain information that is provided to the Site may not be private, and You may be required to provide certain information to access certain areas of the Site. For example, some areas of the Site may require use of a username and password. You may also be permitted to post certain content for public viewing on the Site. Please consider carefully the information that you choose to post for public viewing on the Site.
Most areas of the Site can be viewed by the general public. We have no control over, and disclaim responsibility or liability for, how other Users may respond to, use or misuse the content that You post for public viewing on this Site, or for any actions taken by other Users related to content that You post on the Site.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may share information about Users of our Site:
- With other companies, agencies or contractors affiliated with Burrell Behavioral Health in order for Burrell Behavioral Health to provide our products and services, we may need to share your Personal Information.
- With third party service providers that help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys, if You have agreed to receive them, web hosting services, shipping, payment processing, contact verification, market research, and organization of promotions, or other subcontractors; however, we will provide these contractual parties only with the Personal Information necessary to perform the work for which they were contracted.
- With companies that are disclosed to You at the time You provide the Information.
- With our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers to help provide services.
Burrell Behavioral Health will not sell Personal Information to any third party and we will take commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of such information, in accordance with our contractual obligations as well as in compliance with those laws applicable in the states and countries in which we conduct business (and you should be aware that laws in all jurisdictions are not the same, and that some may have stricter requirements than others).
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We use reasonable data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. However, it is impossible to guarantee security of any website, or of data transmitted over the Internet. While we seek to protect information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information You provide through the Site.
Web Browser Cookies; Third Party Service Providers
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
Your Personal Information may be used to provide you with information regarding additional opportunities and information about Burrell Behavioral Health products and services; and accordingly, by using the Site and providing such Personal Information, you consent to such use. However, to the extent required by law, we will provide mechanisms for opting out of mass marketing communications targeted by Personal Information we have collected or otherwise obtain consent in the manner required by applicable law. These mechanisms will normally be available on the relevant email or web site, but you may always notify us at the address specified below under “Contact Us”. Requests to opt out of communications based on data controlled by third parties must be made through the third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, there may be some jurisdictions requiring stricter opt-in versus opt-out mechanisms relating to these types of communications and we will comply with the applicable laws in such locations.
Third Party Websites
California Do Not Track Notice
Many internet browsers have "Do Not Track" features which, when turned on, send a signal (the "DNT signal") to the websites a user visits that indicates the use does not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret DNT signals, and there is no common definition of "tracking", we do not currently respond to DNT signals on the Site. We do not engage in targeted behavioral advertising.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Burrell Behavioral Health does not knowingly request or collect Personal Information from any person under the age of 13. If We become aware that We have collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age, We will promptly remove such information. If You believe We have collected information from your child, please notify us through "Contact Us".
Burrell Behavioral Health may amend this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on this Site. Any such amendment will be effective at the time it is posted unless a delayed effective date is expressly stated in the revised version. We will post the revised Policy on the Site with a changed “Last Revised” data and your continued use of this Site after such changes have been posted will constitute your acceptance of the changes. You are expected to check this Site from time to time for changes to the Policy, as they are binding on you. If you have questions we can be contacted at email@example.com.
Access from Outside the United States; Acceptance of Policy